Search Unity

Reserializing assets bug infinite

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HellYeahUpperCase, May 9, 2019.

1. HellYeahUpperCase

HellYeahUpperCase

So I was working in the Editor when suddenly there was a power surge and my computer shut down. When I restarted Windows, Unity said something about inconsistencies in the asset database and it needs to re import them. Problem is, it seemingly finishes importing them, then I try to open the project, it does it all over again. It says : Hold on, reserializing assets, takes about 30 min then when it finishes, nothing happens.

I checked the logs, it says for many entries :

Script Compilation Pipeline Post Process Assets time: 0.000012s
    Assembly Updater Post Process Assets time: 0.000220s
    Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ...

Hashing assets (1195 files)... 0.569 seconds
    file read: 0.143 seconds (140.741 MB)
    wait for write: 0.150 seconds (I/O thread blocked by consumer, aka CPU bound)
    wait for read: 0.172 seconds (CPUT thread waiting for I/O thread, aka disk bound)
    hash: 0.325 seconds
    ----- Compute hash(es) for 1195 asset(s).

And at the end it says something about having finished. I tried deleting the library and temp folder, no success, and I see my question on Google with no real solutions. Other projects load fine. I'm using Unity 2018.3.

Any help?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. CasimmVancouver

CasimmVancouver

Any luck finding a solution? Seems like the same problem over on my end for the last two days, without end in sight.

3. wechat_os_Qy098MAAYEjDJfEyieMvlP1uk

wechat_os_Qy098MAAYEjDJfEyieMvlP1uk

I got the same problem. I updated my project and shut down Unity project by task manager because Untiy stucked.Then I open the project again,but it keeps Hold on, from Re-serializing Assets to Calculating asset hashes.
    I delete the project codes and re-download it again, I delete Unity an setup it again, I delete Library, but they don't work.Now I dont know how to do.