Search Unity

research game designer for interview

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by mat3xhd, Mar 1, 2019.

1. mat3xhd

mat3xhd

Hello guys it's my first post i'm a french student (sorry if i do a few errors) and i would like to know if you could speak about your own experience as game designer : a little presentation of yourself, how you became a game designer, the conditions of work, the qualities needed for the job and what you are doing right now.
    It don't have to be very long but it would really help me if someone could bring me new informations that i can't find on internet.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Just FYI, this forum is filled mostly with game developers and content creators rather than people who would call themselves game designers.

angrypenguin likes this.
  3. Volcanicus

Volcanicus

Gonna have to give a bit more details than that.
    What is the format?
    How long?
    What purpose?
    Who will view the interview?
    Is there a compensation?
    etc...

Send me that by PM and I might help you.

Joe-Censored and angrypenguin like this.
  4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

What do you think a "game designer" does? This term tends to mean very different things for people who do and don't work on games, so it'd be a good idea to clarify this.

Also, what is this for? We're not, ah, doing a research project for you are we? ;)

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. Antypodish

Antypodish

Game designer should have strong analytics skills and problem solving.
    This means, searching for answers and solutions should be a second nature. Including as per thread title. And internet is full of knowledge, on reach by the hand.

Joe-Censored likes this.