Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Requirement to open prefabs creates problems.

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by pointcache, Sep 30, 2018.

1. pointcache

pointcache

Here is my scenario:

I have a system that creates RT's on runtime and renders ui into them (for in game screens).

When authoring UI's i have one temporary camera with a render texture target, of a specific resolution for that particular screen in game. When ui canvas targets a camera with a render texture, canvas assumes the resolution of render texture, allowing me to have a precise aspect of the canvas.

However, when opening a prefab the canvas loses reference to the camera in scene with render texture and instead uses the resolution of the viewport. This would not be an issue if not for this hard requirement to open the prefab to change/delete elements.

I hope i can disable this limitation and work as i used to work, being able to delete any object in prefab from scene, like you would normally expect it.

2. pointcache

pointcache

In other words, how can i disable this message and just force it to do what i want?
    upload_2018-9-30_12-13-1.png

I envision even more problems down the line, im a bit scared as this new system seems to be forced on us.

3. Mads-Nyholm

Mads-Nyholm

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Do you mind making a bug report with a video showing your workflow?

Thanks