Search Unity

Bug Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.burst/Tests/Editor/Unity.Burst.Editor.Tests.asm

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Inryhk, May 1, 2022.

1. Inryhk

Inryhk

Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.burst/Tests/Editor/Unity.Burst.Editor.Tests.asmdef)

So I finally decided to upgrade to new LTS 2021.3, installed the new version and during upgrading one of my projects I got compiler errors.
    Seen that some people had similar problems in the past and deleting the file to redownload it automatically should help the issue but it didn't help this time.
    What's more it is not the issue with my upgraded project, even when starting a fresh one the file is messed up and cannot compile.
    upload_2022-5-1_23-30-43.png
    The log states that the json throws a parser error and the file is presumably empty.

Tried to use the package manager to maybe redownload the test framework but it was locked.

Tried deleting parts of the packages files hoping that it might redownload and fix itself but it didn't

I even tried a fresh install of the LTS but it seems I cannot run any projects on it, fresh or old. The only way is downgrading to 2021.1.22f1.

Any ideas ?

2. SamOnline

SamOnline

I got the same issue, anyone know how to fix it?

3. izumisan

izumisan

I have the same issue, including the errors above claiming that the assets are in an immutable folder and will be ignored. The warnings claim that there are meta files that have been separated from their corresponding files. A solution will be appreciated.

4. JR040870

JR040870

I may have found a way to fix it since it worked for me

window>project manager> selected burst and make sure it's up to date if it's not then update it. if it is id suggest removing it and importing it again.

Tasataer likes this.
  5. tonytopper

tonytopper

I am stuck with something similar myself when upgrading from 2022.3.12f1 to 2022.3.20f1.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the packages.

I tried deleting the .asmdef files as well and got this warning:
    "The package cache was invalidated and rebuilt because the following immutable asset(s) were unexpectedly altered:
    Packages/com.unity.2d.animation/Editor/Unity.2D.Animation.Editor.asmdef"

But the new file was empty as well.

I even tried deleting the entire Library folder to force Unity to do a rebuild of all PackageCache.

These are the two packages I am getting errors fo:
    Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.ide.rider/Rider/Editor/com.unity.ide.rider.asmdef)
    Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.2d.animation/Editor/Unity.2D.Animation.Editor.asmdef)

Both of the files are empty when I look at them in 'Library\PackageCache' in their corresponding folders.

And both of these packages are on the current version for the 2022 stream.