Search Unity

Requesting camera movement script for touch whereby user chooses point of interest/axis

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by DerekLerner, Jun 12, 2017.

1. DerekLerner

DerekLerner

Hello all,

I'm new to unity & am searching for a Main Camera script (right now only for iOS) that will allow a user to touch (tap) to select axis point(s) and then be able to rotate (2 fingers to rotate), zoom (pinch) and pan (one finger press hold and drag) based on the currently chosen axis point. I tested a few scripts that allowed the camera target to be selected (by the developer) and preform these sort of fly-through functions, however that was not based on the user choosing the point of interest/axis, plus I was not able to get the scripts I found to actually work, other than one which is not really preforming as I wish.

"Move, Zoom and Rotate Camera – Unity3D (C#)" by KaganKartal is the closest I've found however it does not work for touch.

TouchKit by prime31 seems to be able solve this, however it's more complex for me to implement at my personal level of skill at this time. Mainly because it does quite a bit and I was not able to find a quick start how-to for something as "simple" as I'm currently looking to pull off.

I'm using something by Kyle Banks right now but it's not doing what I have in mind.

Any help or fingers pointing me is a good direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017