Search Unity

Request: Separate section for favorites and Preferred installs

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deozaan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Deozaan

Deozaan

Since Unity Hub was released, I've been installing nearly every Unity release because the Hub only lists and downloads the latest version, which isn't ideal when you join a team who is working on a Unity version that isn't the latest and that you don't have installed.

Now my list of Unity installs is getting to be pretty long, and my preferred version (and LTS release) is hidden deep in the list under all the 2018.x installs.

It would be nice if there was a separate section at the top of the list, where the preferred version was also listed. And it would be even nicer if we could "favorite" or "star" certain installs to get them to also show in that separate section at the top of the list. This would make it easier to find and select certain installs when using the "Advanced Open" options to open a project in a specific version of Unity.

Also, having such a section might be a good solution for cases such as this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/suggestion-rename-install-version-name.544331/#post-3591359