Search Unity

(request & question) Google new feature rewarded product

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by iwan-tantra, Apr 1, 2019.

1. iwan-tantra

iwan-tantra

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

How is using this feature any different to using unity ads, which already serves ad mob ads and is apart of the latest unity monetisation plugin.

3. iwan-tantra

iwan-tantra

I not try Google Rewarded Product yet, but AFAIK the revenue from that rewarded product is directly go into our google merchant account, which is the same with our Google IAP merchant account so we don't have to create any admob account (if we don't have yet). I know if we use UnityAds, it already serve admob ads, but we cant filter it to specific show only ads from admob (even though UnityAds already use waterfall model to pick the best bid from advertiser or other partner source like google admob), and also I don't know how the revenue is since I think the scheme will be go like advertiser->admob->unityads->developer/publisher, I think maybe it will be more revenue if the scheme is like advertiser->Google rewarded Product ->developer/publisher. But I don't have any idea about how the revenue work since I don't know how UnityAds share the revenue. I only thinking that, If the UnityIAP sdk did support Google Rewarded Product, I can use both UnityAds and Google Rewarded Product to maximize my revenue.

4. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

You have a couple misunderstandings about unity ads and how it works.

Unity ads is an auction not a waterfall so they always show the highest bid ad. I’m not sure if admob uses a waterfall or auction system.

I believe unity only shows unity ads and google ads rather than all admob mediation partners, so if you have a number of networks in admob i can see why you’d not use unity ads directly.

I doubt there’s any real difference in revenue per ad depending on who you use as a mediation parter.

5. iwan-tantra

iwan-tantra

Actually I not misunderstanding about unity ads, I think only I not delivered it right so make you misunderstanding me, sorry for my bad English :D

Yes about the auction iam not misunderstand it, I know unity will show the highest auction at the moment we request a videoAds, I just though the name of that system is waterfall (my bad:confused:).

Yes about the ads, I know unity only show the ads from google and unity, and iam not using any mediation in admob.

But like in the first post, what I need to know is will UnityIAP add the Google Rewarded Product in future UnityIAP sdk. I think that new feature is very interesting and I really hope they will add it to UnityIAP SDK in future update.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. iwan-tantra

iwan-tantra

That's cool, thanks for that.

Yes I just notice IAPPromo a couple days ago, seems like that's very useful feature to maximize IAP. But I really have no idea how to determine the "machine learning" stuff, I know that's done automatically by Unity base on user behavior etc, but I really don't have any idea how that work. But actually iam trying to learn about it and preparing plans and promo to use in IAPPromo feature.

Thanks again for mentioning it to IAP team, that's really helpful.