Search Unity

Request: Proper male

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by 2dfxman1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Really, asset store has many models and whatnot, but it doesn't have a base character. By base I mean a naked anatomically correct human.
    I'd really love to see something like that. With different polycounts to choose from too.
    I don't want to buy a character with a t-shirt or some army gear, I need a naked man to build my own clothing for.

I think many people would love to see something like that. A base mesh with a rig and maybe some generic animations.

2. andererandre

andererandre

Yup that's exactly what I was looking for lately. I ended up with building my own one - pretty low quality stuff with 400 verts atm (I'm still trying to reduce it some more), for a game with a far-away camera, I doubt that anyone else wants to use it.

3. Tiles

Tiles

There is Makehuman. This gives you a base model where you can start with. You can even tweak the shape to your needs. It has a relative high poly count though for game needs. As a low polygon substitute there is UniHuman. Also tweakable.

Besides that, the needs are very different for every game most of the time. So it`s a good idea to start from scratch with a new character :)

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

what is the average polycount your looking for ? Doyou need a female too?
    Doyou need them to be fully rigged and skin ? do you want to have a separate skinned head with it ? 2 differant maps ( one for the head one for the body ) ? Naked ? do you want their sex to be modeled ??? i could provide what you want but i need more specications. what i can do is an average person ( muscled or not ???) with an average face ( all rigged and skinned, body and facial skinning, just have to create a script handling and saving bones deformation and position for avatar creation. For next gen game i can create a character of about 5000 polys ( more or less according to separated toes or not etc ... )

5. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Polycount max of around 15k tris I'd say, but less is better obviously.
    A female would be nice too, but right now I require a male mainly.
    Rig and skin would be nice, but I personally can rig on my own.
    Body and head should use 2 maps yes.
    Naked yes, no genitals because I will model my own clothing to go on top of them anyway.
    Fingers on feet should be separate yes. They don't need much details, but they need to be separate.
    A lod where they are not separate would be nice, but not required.
    Thanks

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@ 2dfxman1 : if you create your clothes on your own maybe it would be better to have the different bodyparts separated : head / body / arms / legs / hands / feet if you want to use t shirt, long shirt / trousers etc ... ? well, i ask that because of the polycount many guys felt down on me with my new dragon polycount ... so here if you put trousers on a model whose legs are not visible but calculated ... well, i think i should have something that could fits you. i have an unoptimized old naked model. Just have to reduce polycount and retouch geometry. you want a caucasian one ?

7. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Well parts cut up would be ok, but then again, I can cut them myself too.
    The dragon was ok in polycount, the texture was a bit too big.

8. caitlyn

caitlyn

@2dfxman1: Would you add this to the wishlist thread at the top of this group, so our pool of available content creators can see it?

9. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

check out sculptris, its free and has a base male

10. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Oh didn't notice it before.
    Done now. This thread can be locked/removed.