Search Unity

[Request] Project list search and filter options

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by StephanieRowlinson, Jan 30, 2018.

1. StephanieRowlinson

StephanieRowlinson

Right now the Projects tab just shows me a big list of all my projects. It'd be really handy if I could search by name and filter them by the Unity version they were last opened in. An option to sort them in alphabetical/last modified order would also be nice.

V-Jankaitis likes this.
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! We will have project search/sorting in the future releases. Stay tuned.

Cheers

V-Jankaitis likes this.
  3. V-Jankaitis

V-Jankaitis

Agree with the comments. the order of projects seem to shuffle on random. and after certain of number of project it becomes unusable. Love the Hub but had to revert manually opening individual versions.

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@V-Jankaitis I'm sorry to hear this. The project ordering should be consistent with the Editor's Launcher project list. Hopefully this won't be an issue anymore soon.

Best

5. llutman

llutman

I'll second @V-Jankaitis, the order of the project list seems mostly random for me.

The last project I opened stays at the top of the list, but everything under that shuffles around (i.e. the second-last project I opened might be second in the list or it might be at the bottom). Otherwise, UnityHub has beed great! :)

6. StephanieRowlinson

StephanieRowlinson

It is, but when you've been using several editor versions in a row the result is a weird merge of these various editor lists. As an aside, the order in the editor was never really my favourite, because it's pretty annoying to find an old branch again in a list ordered by last opened date.