Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Request] Manage and Download Build Targets

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by joaoborks, May 1, 2018.

1. joaoborks

joaoborks

It would be great if we could manage and download build targets dynamically through the Hub, since it already manages multiple versions of Unity Editor instances. Not sure if that's something already on the plans.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Good news! This has been in the Hub for a while now. Simply choose which platform you wish to install with your favourite version of Unity and start the download! If you wish to add new build platforms to an existing install, click on the dropdown menu on the right of the target editor in the "Installs" tab and select "Add Component".

Please note that this is not available for "Located" Editors and some proprietary platforms (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox..) may be missing due to legal requirements on the user's part.

I hope this answers your question and please don't hesitate to ask more details about this feature.

Best

3. joaoborks

joaoborks

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi Joao,

From the screencaps you shared it looks like that editor was added manually (from an external install). This could be caused by a few different factors about your install/environment. Could you send me your Hub logs through direct message? They can be found at the path below.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

Right now, the only easy fix I can think of would be to remove/backup the Unity folder containing 2017.3.1f1 and reinstalling through the Hub. If you choose to do so please upload the logs beforehand.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this and hope we can resolve the issue.

Best,

5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the logs! So based on the information I gathered there seems to have been an issue with the Editors you installed on your D: drive. They can't be recognized by the Hub for some reason. That said, I see you have many located editors too. Did you try to manually locate the editors you installed at some point? If so, I suggest removing the editors from the list and trying to reinstall them again (like suggested above).

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but the installs seem to have been corrupted. You should see the platforms/components list when downloading Unity again from the Hub.

joaoborks likes this.
  6. joaoborks

joaoborks

Just downloaded the fresh released 2018.1.0f2 and it works! I have also installed on the D drive. I first installed Unity 2017.3 by the hub and then located the other ones, that might have caused the issue.

Thanks for the help!

AbrahamDUnity likes this.