Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our response to Improbable’s blog post (and why you can keep working on your SpatialOS game). Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Mac Menu Bar Support

Discussion in 'OSX' started by Arthur-LVGameDev, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Arthur-LVGameDev

Arthur-LVGameDev

I'd love to try some 'generic' tool development with Unity / C#, and I noticed the Unity Hub recently got its own menu bar support for macOS.

Any chance this is something we could get as a feature in Unity, without having to write our own native plugin?

Basically would be happy with:
    1. Adding an icon and/or text to the menu bar
    2. Being able to update the icon and/or text via code
    3. Receiving onClick events when the icon/text is clicked
    Could see a lot of use-cases for this, especially "duo" apps that support both macOS & iOS. :)

FWIW, its doable now via a native plugin -- but after sinking my Sunday into native plugin debugging, it'd be awesome to see even just a basic level of support for it as built-in (PS -- C# spoils me & native debugging sucks). =D

JoeStrout likes this.