Search Unity

[Request] Launch options

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by mf_andreich, Feb 6, 2018.

1. mf_andreich

mf_andreich

1. Needed options for launch with specific render backend (GLES, GLCore, Metal).
    2. Needed options for launch Unity as different user (multiuser enviroment).

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    We consider adding to our backlog.
    Do you currently use editor CLI to do this?

3. mf_andreich

mf_andreich

Right now I use my own custom writed launcher. Its can generate command line params and launch needed unity version with needed flags. I dont find posobility for change Unity user, but this option very needed =)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

I see. I will transfer your feedback to our editor team to see the possibility of this feature. Thanks for the feedback

5. angusmf

angusmf

I use the editor CLI to run scripted builds using editor code. Would be fantastic to have the ability to route this through the Hub CLI instead so the path doesn't have to change, etc. Essentially, would like to be able to do a little bit of CI and use Hub instead of writing my own process to manage the exact same things. Alternately, it would be useful to be able to access Hub's settings externally. I see a UnityHub folder with some json files in my user data folder. Looks like I could parse thru those to find what I need, but no idea if you'll be changing formats or locations on me.