Search Unity

Feature Request Request for Layer Override public access

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by optimise, May 17, 2023.

1. optimise

optimise

Since official wants to change game object land physics component as default authoring, I would like official to make Layer Override able to access at Monobehavior so I can serialize it to do my custom authoring that like PhysicsCategoryTag that can pick BelongsTo and CollidesWith from inspector without required to add the entire game object land physics component. I have use case that just want to bake CollsionFilter into component without physics collider.

toomasio likes this.
  2. optimise

optimise

@daniel-holz Any plan to expose this as public variable in future editor release so I can completely adopt game object land physics authoring?

3. daniel-holz

daniel-holz

Unity Technologies

Thanks for bringing this up. We are looking at the situation with Layer Overrides right now and will report back.

Opeth001, optimise and Anthiese like this.
  4. optimise

optimise

Hi. Does it coming to one of the future 2022.3.x editor version very soon? I think currently this is the only missing feature for me to migrate to built-in physics component.

daniel-holz likes this.
  5. daniel-holz

daniel-holz

Unity Technologies

This is great feedback. Thank you.
    It will help us prioritize this change better.
    We are continuing to close gaps in the built-in authoring with Unity Physics and will get to this as soon as possible.

Anthiese and optimise like this.