Search Unity

Request for fix in jaw animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TobiUll, Jun 9, 2015.

1. TobiUll

TobiUll

I am using a DAZ model that has a jaw bone. The default state for this bone seems to be wrong, even with Unity 5.1.0f2

I would like to ask for a fix. The jaw bone should be in such a state that the mouth is closed.
    I think the default state for a mouth should be "closed" in order to avoid mechanim overhead since most models will have their mouth closed in their default state.

I totally agree that a bone should be in a loose state, but the jaw bone should be an exception to this rule to avoid unncessary mechanim overhard.

I do not want to have to add a mask just to have the mouth closed.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. drewradley

drewradley

I use a lot of DAZ models and have never had that problem. If I had to guess, I would say you have an animation or pose that is doing that.

3. TobiUll

TobiUll

The problem occurs for any animation that I use within Mechanim. No matter from which vendor. I have also seen this problem mentioned by other people.

One can avoid this by disengaging the jaw bone from the bone mapping in Unity, but this can not be the right way since then the jaw can not be animated anymore.

The problem is just that the default value is wrong. The jaw bone should be in a mouth-closed-state by default.

XCO likes this.
  4. Ostwind

Ostwind

submit a bug report