Search Unity

Request for Enter Play Mode Options support

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by optimise, Feb 13, 2020.

1. optimise

optimise

Up until now the latest Addressables 1.60 still cannot support Enter Play Mode Options properly. When u use it, you totally cannot see game object load into scene. Hopefully it can be support anytime soon.

2. optimise

optimise

3. CameronND

CameronND

When I have my enter playmode option set to use built bundles, then everything looks pink in the editor because the shaders are being loaded from a bundle built for android. Is this what you are seeing or something different?

4. Jribs

Jribs

@optimise you might want to explain a little more about what you are wanting to do. Or what you expect should happen.

5. bvance

bvance

It seems to me that when these experimental options are turned on, and Addressables thus avoids 're-initializing' itself on playmode changes, it can often result in soft locks when one exits and re-enters playmode! (In particular when you go to load an asset after re-entry, it hangs.)

It's a frustrating thing for me because of course people on the team really value that fast playmode entry and we keep wanting to turn that feature on! Yet when we do it introduces these hard-to-catch bugs.

Would it be possible to write something into Addressables that permits me to just force-reinit all the static things from scratch? (Basically just a hard reset of all the Addressables stuff?) I don't need to preserve handles to any currently-loaded assets or anything like that, I'm just hoping to work around this problem we have.