Search Unity

Feedback Request ( / Bug?): Allow PB Face selection tool to click through trigger colliders

Discussion in 'World Building' started by dgoyette, Sep 10, 2020.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I have a fair number of trigger colliders in my worlds, to check whether the player has reached various positions. These can often be large objects that fill a large volume, often very similar to the volume of a room made with ProBuilder.

Here's a simple example, where the yellow box is a trigger (using OnDrawGizmos to make it yellow), while the tiled area around it is a PB object:

upload_2020-9-10_11-36-26.png

What's interesting is that if I use the Vertex or Edge selection tools, I can click through the trigger as though it weren't there. But using Face selection, the first click selects the trigger, while the second click selects the face. That might be okay, but now if I want to Shift-click more faces, the third click will select the trigger again, clearing face selection.

Is there a reason Face selection doesn't click through trigger colliders the way Vertex and Edge selection does? Is it possible to allow this, even if just as an option? Thanks.