Search Unity

Request: BlackBerry Passport Support Unity5

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by MrEsquire, Dec 4, 2014.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hello Unity Developers,

Is it possible to please contact BlackBerry and add a few new features to this platform, its seems to be suffering lack of support.

- Please add BlackBerry Passport support to Unity 5
    - BlackBerry has multiple Shader issues (never really been fixed)
    - Include more plugins for BB.

Thank you

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

• What specifically would you like to see as far as blackberry passport support from Unity?
    • The large majority of the known shader issues are related to the PowerVR GPU phones which were given primarily to developers early on. The large majority of the phones that are in use in the market are adreno phones which do not exhibit the same shader issues. The one adreno shader issue that I can remember off the top of my head was resolved in the 10.3 OS update... I'm not sure if this OS has been released to the public yet... Verizon hasn't pushed it to my Z10 yet....
    • As far as plugins are concerned if you are referring to the Asset store they are outside of my control. Maybe it would be worthwhile contacting the developers of the plugins on the Asset store and requesting support?

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thank you for answering;

1) New resolution values would be nice for the Passport and for the new BlackBerry Classic, if of course the resolutions are different, Passport I think is 1440x1440 - Make sure the new Splash images also are tested on this new square resolution.
    2) I understand, I had some customer reports saying that the game was Blur (Shader Issue) on Z10, I have Z10 and tested with latest firmware all works, problem is the BB customers like to update devices with leaked firmware, I know this is not our issue but trying make app future proof. It scares me Open GL ES 3.0 is not stable with BlackBerry although after some confusion we did not agree if its Unity Shader setting issue or poor BlackBerry firmware coding.
    3)Ok sure this is true, I will have to do this, but I saw some plugins for free on the forums but do not work properly for some reason; http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/fl...hinese-or-other-language-input-plugin.278880/ Did not report anything in case this is user programming issue, but the BB plugins folder needs be checked.