Search Unity

Request advanced 2d ai!

Discussion in '2D' started by Orochimaru, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Orochimaru

Orochimaru

Unless I'm just missing it, there are no assets on the asset store offering advanced 2d ai.

IMO y'all asset creators are missing money that is there for the taking.

Patrol and move/shoot on sight are cool and available now but there are more possibilities that 2d developers like me would want and be willing to pay a fair price for.

First a simple combo of patrol and move on sight where the NPC patrols until the player moves into the raycast, then the enemy does the move on sight actions until the player leaves the raycast, then the enemy goes back to the patrol actions. This seemed to not be available for side scrolling ai in the store.

More advanced stuff is:

Move in close and retreat to ranged with editor options on why the ai would make these choices. Ability cooldowns, percentage of HP loss and so on.

Choosing targets. Based on which is dealing the most damage to it, which target has lowest HP, and which target is closest. IMO in that order of importance, but the order should be changeable in the editor.

The targeting could be layer or tag based an not just work on the player alone...

I have more ideas but I gotta go to work. I hope one of you talented asset creators jump on this opportunity.

Thanks for reading.