Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Ability to open up multiple Hub instances

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Flurgle, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Flurgle

Flurgle

You can only open up one hub at the same time. It would be nice to be able to open up multiple windows for testing, or opening multiple projects.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. Keeping one instance of the Hub running removes a lot of edge cases and simplifies the user experience. Since the goal of the application is to be a central point of access it makes sense to keep only one running at a time.

That said, I am not sure I understand the use cases you are describing. Could you elaborate?

Cheers,

Flurgle likes this.
  3. Flurgle

Flurgle

@AbrahamDUnity That actually makes a lot of sense, and I see that it is open all the time. Is it possible to have a setting that keeps the window up when you open or start a new project? It seems to close to the taskbar when I start a new project or open a project.

Thanks!

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Right now we don't have the option but we'll consider it. The point of closing it is to focus on the editor -replicating the launcher's behaviour. That said if it's more convenient for you to have the Hub remain at that time we could add an option.

5. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

If they moved to a multiple instance model they would have to rename the product Unity Spoke.