Search Unity

Question repositories.cfg could not be loaded. unity

Discussion in 'Android' started by Stephanos33, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Stephanos33

Stephanos33

Does anyone know how to solve this annoying error?

File C:\Users\\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded.
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

It happens after adjusting Unity for AR development. Unity version is 2019.4, all JDK, NDK stuff has been installed, as well as AR Foundation & ARCore??

Ive seen similar questions being asked before but no real answers!!!

2. Mauri

Mauri

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  3. nick-morhun

nick-morhun

I have just seen this warning

4. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I see the warning appear when I make a build, but also simply when browsing through the Android ProjectSettings. Not always though, so I can't really report it as a bug.

DeveloperJulian likes this.
  5. andyz

andyz

yeah I get this in latest Unity LTS as a warning

PlanarBit, Melanzue and ArunPrakasam like this.
  6. akaycompany99

akaycompany99

Pls help me ı Get this error for 2 days and ı didnt fix it

Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.1.0f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\NDK\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++

I need help

norhan467 likes this.
  7. SpicyCatGames

SpicyCatGames

You need to post is as a thread and not hijack this guy's thread. Especially since it's not relevant at all.

8. ArunPrakasam

ArunPrakasam

try untick this...
    upload_2021-5-22_5-11-59.png

9. ReeseEifler

ReeseEifler

I just fixed this error for myself by correcting the location of my "Keystores Dedicated Location" in Edit -> Preferences -> ExternalTools at the bottom.

10. guneyozsan

guneyozsan

For me the warning happens the first time I open an Android project after updating to a new minor version of unity 2019 (2019.4.27f1 still shows it).

Restarting Unity editor removes the warning until next version upgrade.

AzebanUzza and sean244 like this.
  11. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Unity 2020.3.15LTS I get this warning after switching build to Android

ceriwalsh51 and sfuseronin like this.
  12. Arik_Cool

Arik_Cool

What I did was - I went to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\.android\ and then created a folder name repositories.cfg
    It needs to be exactly the same name. Read the path I have given you and Put your username in "YOUR USER NAME"

sharonj731, sm01hc and sfuseronin like this.
  13. MarkSharpe

MarkSharpe

Failed to parse user addon file at C:\Users\diabo\.android\repositories.cfg
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

sma6008 likes this.
  14. Ageless717

Ageless717

Thanks man it worked !

Guayabazo and MarkSharpe like this.
  15. NiRoU21

NiRoU21

I had this issues where cant touch any button in any scene of my android project.
    I had a device simulator package running and also my cell phone sometimes running the project on it.
    After adding some packages in my project suddenly the buttons stopped working in the game mode and the device simulator package. Got this error :

repositories.cfg could not be loaded. unity

Then connected my android phone and started working both device simulator package adn game mode

sfuseronin likes this.
  16. MarkSharpe

MarkSharpe

I had a similar problem for whatever reason my android SDK dumped the current api 26 version and demanded 28 but if I recall correctly I had it running on API 31 so I reinstalled 28 and it started working again. Something going on with the android updates coinciding with unity version updates I imagine. Don't give up and don't delete your project.

sfuseronin likes this.
  17. efekantgn

efekantgn

In project Settings --> Check the "Initialize XR on Startup"

18. pixed

pixed

thank you very much, it run good with Unity 2020.3.26f1

19. Vegeks

Vegeks

what did u change it to exactly?

20. Vegeks

Vegeks

i did not get ya at all pls explain?

21. MattJackB

MattJackB

Same, did you find a solution?

EDIT:
    Solution was to use the command line to create a new file at that location. So at 'C:\Users\USER\.android' do 'cd > repositories.cfg' and this should create the file rather than create a folder.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  22. Noor23

Noor23

Hi , How did you do it exactly , can you please tell me step by step :)

23. MattJackB

MattJackB

For windows, just open up Command Prompt and go to C:\Users\USER (change "USER" accordingly), it should already be at that location on start-up anyway (mine is).

Then type " cd .android " which will take you into the .android folder. Alternatively, you can find this folder using file explorer, then going to File > Open Windows PowerShell. The next step will work using Command Prompt or PowerShell.

When you're at that location, type " cd > repositories.cfg " to create a .cfg file called repositories (you need to include the > as this isn't to make it easier to read but is part of the command).

_

For mac, I don't know exactly because I'm not sure on the location of the .android folder. However you should be able to figure it out yourself by getting to the .android folder using the cd command, and then using the touch command to create a new file. Or you could find the .android folder using the Finder, then open a terminal window at that location, and finally use the touch command to create the file.

24. Noor23

Noor23

alright , thankyou! :)))),, (sorry but in the user's place should i enter the name of the project or what ? )

25. MattJackB

MattJackB

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but just in case anyone else doesn't know:

User is the account you are using on your computer. Replace USER with whatever your account is named, and it needs to be exact (so if it has caps or spaces etc then include them). On Windows 10 you can easily find what the account is called by using the start menu and hovering over the account icon on the left side.

26. KymCodes

KymCodes

upload_2022-7-7_0-34-36.png

Can someone please help me with this error? I only switched from Windows to Android then this error message popped up. I have been searching for a solution but nothing so far have helped me. Everything has been installed correctly. Also, couple months ago, I built and run an android app successfully

Here's the full error message as well:

commandWithNoStdoutInvokationFailure: Unable to start ADB server. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the Console for more details.
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.RunWithShellExecute (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg) (at <762caba6f98a4d7e9d56f7b5bd6e35d6>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.ADB.StartServer () (at <762caba6f98a4d7e9d56f7b5bd6e35d6>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.ADB.Run (System.String[] command, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <762caba6f98a4d7e9d56f7b5bd6e35d6>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDeploymentTargetsExtension.GetKnownTargets (UnityEditor.DeploymentTargets.IDeploymentTargetsMainThreadContext context, UnityEditor.ProgressHandler progressHandler) (at <762caba6f98a4d7e9d56f7b5bd6e35d6>:0)
    UnityEditor.DeploymentTargets.DeploymentTargetManager.GetKnownTargets () (at <68089899e4c84456bfc1de3436accf4a>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildWindowExtension+<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<SpawnFetchTargetsThread>b__0 () (at <762caba6f98a4d7e9d56f7b5bd6e35d6>:0)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

27. sillymonke21_

sillymonke21_

Do you have the Android SDK installed in your editor?

28. djhatvr

djhatvr

Yellow can not be ignored. It prevents you from finding library functions...

Karsten likes this.
  29. mahdibensalem

mahdibensalem

where it should be the correct location?

30. safwan_kurd

safwan_kurd

It work thank you so much <3

31. mangeshdesh63

mangeshdesh63

But i already have a file named as "repositories.cfg" in the same location. what should i do ?

32. itpower56

itpower56

Create a file in the directory at:
    C:\Users\your username\.android
    go to the folder then git bash here with the command like the example below:
    echo > repositories.cfg

33. sharonj731

sharonj731

This worked for me, to follow the path in the error message and create a new folder named repositories.cfg Thanks!