Search Unity

Reposition a FreeLookCam during its transition from a non-FreeLookCam ?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Ambre_Lc, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Ambre_Lc

Ambre_Lc

Hi,
    In the previous version of Cinemachine I managed to reposition a FreeLookCam according to the camera position (using the camera rotation and the FreeLookCam YAxis.Value). The FreeLookCam didn't move exactly to the camera position (it stays on its orbit), but the camera kept its orientation, which was enough for me. Now in v2.1 I really don't understand how X and Y axes are working, so I can't reposition a FreeLookCam when it is transiting from another camera type (in this case, a Virtual camera).
    I really wish I could !

So if anyone can explain me how it works or how I can reposition a free camera using a rotation/transform... he/she will be welcome ^^

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The meaning of the FreeLook Axis values are as follows:
    X Axis: The Y orientation (in degrees) away from the "at rest" position, which is defined by the Heading Mode and the Heading Bias. Those two fields together define the meaning of the 0 value in the axis.
    Y axis: 0 = bottom orbit, 0.5 = middle orbit, 1 = top orbit. The camera angle that results will obviously depend on the size and position of the orbits.

Why don't you just use blending?