Search Unity

Reporting on interactions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcosis, Mar 25, 2021.

1. marcosis

marcosis

Hi,

Im currently developing a virtual tour for the company i work for and im not sure if im wording it correctly but i cant seem to find specifically what im after,so im not sure if its a possibility.

My colleagues have asked if theres a way to have a report that shows different interactions in the tour, for example what gameobjects they clicked on, how long they stayed in the experience etc

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Marc

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi Marc,

Look into Unity Analytics. Heatmaps (jump down to "heatmaps" on the Overview page) will probably be particularly useful.

3. marcosis

marcosis

Thanks. Im a bit of an amateur, but thats how you learn :)

TonyLi likes this.
  4. Murgilod

Murgilod

If you see TonyLi in a thread, odds are you're seeing some of the best advice on the forums. Other notable users are bgolus in the graphics forums and neginfinity who floats around General Discussion and a few others.

TonyLi likes this.
  5. xjjon

xjjon

I would recommend you look into Firebase Analytics. You can emit up to 500 unique events to track your interactions under the free tier. You can export the data into big query or something else to do analysis and more customized queries.

If you don't want to write custom queries, the dashboard for Firebase is more powerful too. You can use the data on Google Analytics and it supports custom parameters which I don't think you can do on Unity Analytics.

Unity Analytics is ok, it is quite limited if you can't export the data. (you need Unity Pro for that).

Murgilod likes this.
  6. marcosis

marcosis

Thanks alot for all of your help guys! Youve gave me alot to look into.

@xjjon My company already uses google analytics for the website, so firebase looks very interesting!