Search Unity

Bug reporting build error with IL2CPP and .N et 4.

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Nonym, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Nonym

Nonym

[com.unity.runtime-scene-serialization@0.2.1] could not build with these Configuration: Scripting Backend(IL2CPP) and Api Compatibility Level* .Net 4.x.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.runtime-scene-serialization@0.2.1-preview\Runtime\Internal\Visitors\JsonSceneWriter.cs(455,105): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Unity.Serialization.Json.JsonStringBuffer' to 'Unity.Serialization.Json.JsonWriter'

com.unity.runtime-scene-serialization@0.2.1 is used by Unity MARS Companion Core 0.3.7-preview.

2. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you ran into trouble with this. If you don't need to sync resources in this project with the MARS companion app, you can safely remove this package.

We should also try to fix this issue. I have been unable to replicate this error. You should definitely be able to use this package with IL2CPP, and I just tried switching our companion development project over to the .Net 4.x setting and was able to build the app. I'm using Unity 2019.4.14f1. What Unity version are you using? Do you see this error all the time in the Editor or only when making builds? If it's just for builds, what build target platform?

Are you able to share your project in a bug report or provide steps to replicate the issue?

Thanks for reporting the issue. Hopefully we can work this out quickly :)