Search Unity

Report hacker from Windows 10 / 7 - Asset Unpacker for Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello everyone, I need warn because hackers are really S*** because they want to steal assets :( Please stop to support for Windows!

I search only "unpack mono bundle" I want check if hacker have to unpack from mkbundle-generated executable - I thought hackers have got success. But I am really shocking why do hackers can get assets S***.

It is reported website: [deleted]

Why do they always get assets = / = godot with php unpack same...

Please stop to develop with Windows because Windows has a lot of hackers . I see almost 70 % Windows. We need stop and we need develop with other os like Mac OS and Linux.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

So you expect that since software is impossible to secure entirely that support for the largest platform on the planet should be discontinued?

Sorry, that's absurd. Piracy is an issue you have to come to terms with sooner than later. We're not going to stop using it because people are mean.

xVergilx, Kiwasi and Socrates like this.
  3. Ostwind

Ostwind

Windows has nothing to do with the issue as everything can be reverse engineered in the end. Windows just has significantly larger gaming userbase vs Linux or macOS so the tools are more easily available for it.

Also fun fact is that these asset unpackers or other "hacker" tools can be easily decompiled and converted to Linux or macOS.

Joe-Censored and Socrates like this.
  4. And the scary stuff (*booo*): Did you know that the code you're writing and built into DLL can be accessed and read almost like your original code? Anyone who has the files can look into it. Booo, scary.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Ummm, basic math fail.

Considering Windows has 90%+ of the desktop/laptop gaming market, seeing almost 70% of hackers on Windows actually would mean they are under represented. If Mac/Linux have less than 10% of the gaming market but over 30% of the hackers, the math says to reduce hackers you focus on Windows and ditch Mac/Linux. You lose less than 10% of your customers, while reducing hackers by nearly 1/3.

6. Amon

Amon

Thanks for posting the link in the OP. It saves me having to search.

Oh, and yeah, I agree. Hackers are teh worstest. Now, got to go and steal a few cars. As roads are to blame for all these cars we should stop using roads and .......

7. Murgilod

Murgilod

Who cares? It's not like they're going to be able to do anything with them that's not going to potentially get them in a legal nightmare.

8. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Ultimately Unity faces the same problem with preventing piracy as video did. No matter how sophisticated your encryption system, at some point you have to convert it into a stream of light that is readable by human eyes. That signal can be intercepted and recorded.

Games are the same. At some point you have to send a model to the graphics card. And that signal can be intercepted.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes thanks for explanation sorry. I would like to report about that. But I am really shocking. If we work and make money ok ok , ....

Hackers are unfair to try to decompile and to steal. I don't know before if who buys game. Why are hackers always free flying birds? How do we protect assets? I would like to improve for safest files. If we have bought assets than hackers don't care to buy just to stesl.

Thanks I would like to learn and we can protect assets

10. Murgilod

Murgilod

You can't. You can deal with it, but you're never going to "protect assets."

And again, they're not going to be able to do anything with them without opening themselves up to a lot of legal consequences anyway.

xVergilx and Kiwasi like this.
  11. bobisgod234

bobisgod234

UABE and DevX Unity Unpacker (another similar tool) have proven invaluable for diagnosing problems in builds, especially in relations to the black boxes that are asset bundles.

Kiwasi likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok Murgilod and bobisgod I understand. Thank you for talk. I will supervise to create my own game.