Search Unity

Replacing Xcode's images.xcassets

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by kathode, Feb 11, 2018.

1. kathode

kathode

When making local builds, I have a saved off version of Images.xcassets that I just copy over before I archive the build for sending to Apple.

Is there a way to do this with post-build scripts for Cloud Build? Perhaps with the PBXProject.AddFile functionality? If so, I'd appreciate someone giving me hints as to the proper paths I should use.

Thanks!

fduffner likes this.
  2. kathode

kathode

Figured it out with some experimentation, and it's pretty simple in the end.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         string srcFilePath1 = Application.dataPath + "/IOSRequiredFiles/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset";
    2.         string dstFilePath1 = path + "/Unity-iPhone/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset";
    4.         string srcFilePath2 = Application.dataPath + "/IOSRequiredFiles/Images.xcassets/LaunchImage.launchimage";
    5.         string dstFilePath2 = path + "/Unity-iPhone/Images.xcassets/LaunchImage.launchimage";
    7.         FileUtil.DeleteFileOrDirectory(dstFilePath1);
    8.         FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcFilePath1, dstFilePath1);
    10.         FileUtil.DeleteFileOrDirectory(dstFilePath2);
    11.         FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcFilePath2, dstFilePath2);
    It seemed to generate IOExceptions when I tried to operate on the Images.xcassets directory itself, but the two subdirectories did not have any issue.

3. playsidepaul

playsidepaul

Thanks for this... what do you use (or pass in) for "path"?

Edit: never mind, just realised it's a parameter in OnPostprocessBuild(BuildTarget buildTarget, string path)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    fduffner and kathode like this.