Search Unity

Replace default 3rd person player with a premade one, animations not working.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by seaweedchips, Mar 17, 2015.

1. seaweedchips

seaweedchips

Hey everyone,

I've been trying out Unity lately, mostly for fun and doing the tutorial projects. However I'm still new, and still learning.

With that said, I've searched and haven't found a specific guide or tutorial for what I'm trying to do.

Simple really.

Made a regular 3D terrain with free assets, and used the standard assets ThirdPersonController.

So I got to playing with the standard white "Ethan" player model, walking around in third person view with the camera following me, no problem.

Then I thought hey, I wanna try to use the free Horse from
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16687
    since it comes with a idle, walking and running animation.

Since "Ethan" already has a walking and running animation/controller, I didn't think it would be to hard to replace the humanoid with the generic horse. I got all the way to replacing "Ethan" with the horse and to move and jump, walk around no problem. But the Animations (that come included in asset) wouldn't trigger when I would want them to.

Since I am new like I mentioned, I tried working with what I learned in the tutorials and guides about animation controllers, and transitions and children, etc. But I'm stumped.

Anyone care to help? Even a guide or a tutorial link would be cool.

tl;dr Need to replace standard 3rd person view model, with horse (animations included) from the above link.