Search Unity

Bug Repeating "[XR] SetOutput Failed" error on OpenXR build when running via Oculus/Meta runtime

Discussion in 'VR' started by robbiecargill, Jan 10, 2023.

1. robbiecargill

robbiecargill

We're building a VR game in Unity 2021.3.16f1, targeting OpenXR plugin

When we run the OpenXR build via Oculus/Meta Quest (running on Windows, playing on Meta Quest 2 via link cable) our player log is filled with "[XR] SetOutput Failed" errors.

When we run the same build via SteamVR (still playing on Quest 2 via link cable, just with SteamVR as OpenXR runtime) we don't get those errors.

I've not been able to find anything else regarding this error online, and the player log doesn't seem to have any other useful output around it that I can see. The game still seems to be fully playable, and not noticed any directly related OpenXR issues, however we are getting occasional unexplained crashes and wondering if this is the cause.

Attached log of the relevant output.

Has anyone else seen this or might be able to assist in any way?

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Looked at the code, seems like that error msg means "Failed to set the audio output endpoint", which could be no audio output devices available or you disabled the audio output. Could you please check that on your desktop?

The error output is too vague and spamming, we will fix it.

3. Estemyr

Estemyr

We have the same error, haven't updated from 2021.3.4f1 but I can confirm that we have disabled Unity audio since we're using FMOD instead. So I'd assume it's safe to disregard for the time being?

Just a little more annoying to find actual bugs in the log file haha!

4. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Yes. if you disabled audio source, then it is safe to disregard.
    I will create a ticket internal to get that error spamming fixed.

5. TenaciousDan

TenaciousDan

Any update on this? I am running into the same issue and still getting spammed.

6. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

We have a fix now and will be released in our next 1.8.2 OpenXR release, which probably happen in July.