Search Unity

Feature Request Reordering table keys?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by yosefstudios, May 19, 2022.

1. yosefstudios

yosefstudios

So, I'm a somewhat distracted person, and on many occasions I forget to add certain things in the table in which I'm working. I think that everyone has their way of organizing the table, but in my case I usually organize it like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. CATEGORY0_name
    2. CATEGORY0_name
    3. CATEGORY1_name
    4. CATEGORY1_name
    blah blah...and so on. So if I forget to add, let's say, a CATEGORY0 key, then this key will be added after the last CATEGORY1, which is quite confusing and it breaks the "organization".

Now, maybe the problem here is my workflow, but I still think that a reordering feature would be very nice. Not sure what other people think about this idea, ?

Some other people has already suggested some other UI/UX changes, on which many I fully agree on.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

You can actually reorder the entries. Click and drag the entry background. I find it easier when showing the key id column. It's really bad ux at the moment and one of the areas we need to improve as it seems to be a well keeps secret ;)

yosefstudios likes this.
  3. yosefstudios

yosefstudios

Oh...indeed I can reorder them lol. It wasn't mentioned anywhere and there wasn't any visual cue that I could do that hehe, but anyway, thanks!

karl_jones likes this.