Search Unity

Controller Renegade Project [DriverN Shooter system]

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by dibdab, Aug 4, 2017.

1. bobadi

bobadi

testing Astar pathfinding
    pathfind1.gif

2. bobadi

bobadi

so 3 under 1 root is +25% better performance
    than using 3 pointgraphs which was 50 fps

path3_1.jpg

I was thinkin about switchin on and off graphs at runtime
    but seems to be limited by that there can only be one Astarpath

I think this might be the answer
    [
    // Recalculate all graphs
    AstarPath.active.Scan();

// Recalculate only the first grid graph
    var graphToScan = AstarPath.active.data.gridGraph;
    AstarPath.active.Scan(graphToScan);

https://arongranberg.com/astar/documentation/4_0_8_e597295/graph-updates.php

or
    AstarPath.active.UpdateGraphs (gameObj.collider.bounds);
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/183722/force-a-scan-with-a-pathfinding.html

[but this is Pro only feature]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  3. bobadi

bobadi

evolution of the aiWalker
    pathfind2a.gif
    pathfind3b.gif
    pathfind3b2.gif

4. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

Which version of Unity does his actually work for? Tried 2018-2021 nothing but massive red console errors. I've had this asset for a while now and keep throwing it aside because nothing works.

5. bobadi

bobadi

it should work on all version since 5.6, depending on what version you downloaded with.

what errors do you got?

6. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I have tried all LTS versions of unity. I'd like to get it working on Unity 2020 as it has the least errors.
    First error: Error: Could not load signature of MGS.UCommonEditor.BaseEditor:DrawFreeMoveHandle due to: Could not resolve type with token 01000011 (from typeref, class/assembly DrawCapFunction, ) assembly: type:DrawCapFunction member:(null) signature:<none>
    Second error: Unloading broken assembly Assets/RENEGADE/otherSystem/Curves/Editor/MGS/MGS.UCommonEditor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

7. bobadi

bobadi

okay, that is a plugin (/add-on).

you can safely delete that folder. there's nothing used with those in the latest versions. (I don't know what that error message entails, it's for the .dll anyways and both errors for the same plugin)

yeah, just delete the RENEGADE/otherSystems/Curves folder.
    see if other things work.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  8. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I have deleted the folder errors are gone. Follow what I guess is the setup steps in the docs folder there is no create renegade prefab or script for that matter. Updated documentation could probably help.

9. bobadi

bobadi

yes, there's no createRenegade for 0.99 yet. (the set-up is in start() )

you can check how the actors are set up in the _Scenes/0.99/ACT.

it's somewhat similar how it was, you need a humanoid character made ragdoll, duplicate it and parent the second one under the first. that is going to be the ragdoll. for the first one add rigidbody, capsule and the Renegade script [R99F8]. have to assign them in the Renegade script. most of the things are set in the start() [these will be set up by createRenegade] and actor can be saved when set up (copy paste into scene).

other things to set: kinematic actor bodyparts have to be on kinematic layer, ragdoll ones on ragdoll layer.

then you can add modules to Renegade: jumpMX, fightMX etc and assign them in Renegade.comp
    then can add bodyData to bodyparts if needed...

just checked. this should work.
    just assign the things above isPlayer in Renegade + the animator controller.
    the basics are functional, if you want to test it on another character.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  10. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I just wait till this is usable, If it becomes that. No documentation, very vague setup steps, Followed steps nothing. Spent $90 to play a demo.

11. bobadi

bobadi

there are previous versions which got more developed, but 0.99 has been a new rewrite (different system + more optimized and organized)

probably two more releases of 0.99 will cover things where it was
    but vehicle, airplanes, helicopters, aiwalker, fighter, swordplay should work

now working on adding destructible buildings and pathfinding

12. bobadi

bobadi

might return to nodeMap

25x25 map
    nodemap25.gif

10 pathfinding on same frame
    nodemap25x25_10.gif

dynamic maps (switchin on/off)
    nodemap3_25x25_10.gif

13. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

It would be nice to use a previous version but unity doesn't allow assets to downgrade the version, once updated it's gone. Complete lack of documentation, which you did not address, visited your website which looks like a fake website Click on docs and nothing is there. Your fine with charging $90 for a broken asset, and telling a user to downgrade the package which cannot be done even when deleting the updated package. You should call the asset Regrets, cause that's all It's been.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  14. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

Something else that got brought to my attention, asked a couple friends about the asset, seems that the asset is Master Anim System under a different name.

15. bobadi

bobadi

haven't heard about it

googled it. no, I am sure it is not :) it looks like something similar though

16. bobadi

bobadi

when 0.99 is final, I'll do a documentation. not much use for it, as it is different, outdated the next week.
    what I do, is that I add comments to the code, you can look up there

what I suggested you, if you want to set up a new Renegade actor, is a simple process, but it doesn't look like you are interested in trying it out. it takes couple a seconds

about old versions: I think if you download the package, you can open it earlier versions, but the scenes will not work. (and can select which package you want to download, that you use the unity version it was uploaded with)
    I posted last week the 5.6 scenes for 0.99, those should work with all versions since 5.6 (if some assets do not, or need scenes for other versions, I'll look it up and try to help. I don't really use prefabs anymore for this reason. mentioned earlier, gameobjects can be copied in one scene and pasted in another, there is no need to use prefabs.)

though in my opinion the newest version is the best, the scripts, the design is more optimized (like using minimal number of updates, getting rid of animation events etc) but there are some things that are not adapted for 0.99 yet (like second jump action) or were dropped (ocean, motobike)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  17. bobadi

bobadi

the first prototype of using multiple layers of nodemap
    nm_layers.jpg

nodemap_2maplayers.gif
    when actor reaches the first target, pathfinding looks up the new path on the more detailed map (notice the white flash line)

18. bobadi

bobadi

so ended up making the smaller maps by hand, and look like this
    nm_layers2.jpg

using these to create nodes for NodeMap

createNodes : makes nodes out of the cube transforms in a folder
    addPaths : adds path between assigned node 0 and 1

Attached Files:

19. bobadi

bobadi

20. bobadi

bobadi

last detail: pathfinding between two buildings [layer node1 - node1]
    nodemap_2buils.gif

21. bobadi

bobadi

coverMX updated

finding cover spots
    cover99A.gif

22. bobadi

bobadi

going to cover spots

(there are still bugs / edge cases)
    cover99B.gif

23. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I would like to request a refund. I refuse to be scammed and support this stolen asset. If proper action is not taken this will be reported to unity.

24. bobadi

bobadi

okay. that's enough. you keep spreading lies.

this asset is NOT stolen. if you do not report, I will report you.

25. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

The asset has been reported, where is my refund? You constantly ignore emails. Make no effort at making a refund. You constantly prove you are a scammer.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  26. bobadi

bobadi

no, I don't have any emails from you.

to me it looks like you are the scammer.

27. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

Well what's your email address? I can only contact you through the forum, tried using your site which obviously doesn't work in it's broken state since you don't have any emails from me. I can verify my invoice number. It looks as if your upset that someone caught on to your scam.

28. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

Unity's response is amazing. I'll share this as a warning to anybody else you try to scam.

Attached Files:

29. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

This Is a warning to anybody else you try to scam.

30. bobadi

bobadi

the email is on the publisher page
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/41621

ANYBODY in doubt, or wanting to know the current state of Renegade, can ASK here

I think I was pretty transparent about how it stands
    posting about development here, demos etc

mentioned when starting 0.99 version, that it is a full re-write
    haven't seen anybody implementing similar design that Renegade uses (maybe there is, but I doubt it)

current version is 0.99b, probably 0.99d or 0.99e will have all the features available in 0.98
    but optimized and better organized

the last month or two
    - fighter mechanics have been rewritten
    - tracers control, bodydata, ragdoll control have been integrated into Renegade script
    - gamepad control have been rewritten a bit
    - pathfinding features updated for aiWalker and nodeMap
    - cover mechanics update

31. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I'VE SENT AN EMAIL REQUESTING THE REFUND
    Please do not be fooled by this developer they're a SCAM ARTIST, this is taken DIRECTLY from the email I received after reporting the asset. The screenshot is on the forum also.

I took a look at the asset and the author's style of not caring what he changes or breaks and immediately knew it was a sucker asset, he's out for what he can get for minimal effort, massive use of any assets he can find.

You are entitled to a refund if it's being sold in a broken state, or changed without warning (BOTH ARE TRUE).

(i) the Asset was not as advertised (including any demo made available);

(ii) the Asset is not compatible with the most recent official release of Unity and no information was provided at the Unity Asset Store to indicate that Asset is so incompatible;

Funny how you know your website is broken and do nothing about it till you are called out and now proven to be a SCAMMER. Even if you don't reply to my refund request, UNITY IS FULLY AWARE OF THE SITUATION.

32. bobadi

bobadi

how could a demo be not as advertised as the asset?

a demo is a representation of what is doable with the asset.
    what is "not as advertised?" *

most of the demo assets are included, where not, clearly stated (like slash animations)

*I cannot be responsible if you thought that you will make a GTA in a week with it

I also don't understand how integration of MIT assets can be interpreted as drawback. all assets where checked and evaluated based on how well they would adapt for Renegade.
    the fore-mentioned mgs plugins I assessed to be valuable for curves and ropes(?) I don't remember, it was a plan to use it for aiDrivers I guess, despite the dll, since it worked okay in 5.6 - I think if I remember correctly 2020 broke it

it is compatible with the newest Unity version. you just demonstrated that, where you said the errors are gone and you could run it. you never said anything about it is not running for you, after you said the errors are gone.

also it is quite unrealistic to expect an asset developer to deal with engine version regressions. of course I will try to find sg out, but it's out the scope

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  33. bobadi

bobadi

oh no, don't expect me to answer your refund request

after you labeled me as a scammer, and a thief...

caught you lying like a five times
    - it is a copy of another asset. IT IS NOT
    - it includes stolen assets. IT DOES NOT
    - I'm selling stolen assets on my webpage. I DO NOT
    - changed without warning. IT WAS NOT

and this was not mistake, but on purpose, you was told it is not stolen, but you kept on repeating without verifying

giraffe1 likes this.
  34. giraffe1

giraffe1

I can see from your past updates you have put in a lot of your time and effort into this asset. I hope your contact asset store and try to get his fraudulent review removed. It is so sad to see idiots that publicly fling around random claims without any real evidence to try to tarnish your reputation and affect your sales/livelyhood.

35. giraffe1

giraffe1

I understand that you are frustrated/angry that you could not get it working but acting like this is not good. When you behave like this you are not only hurting the developer but also the WHOLE COMMUNITY.

When developers lose motivation to keep on making advanced/complicated assets YOU are the one that ends up loosing out the most in the long run. If you wanted this asset developed for you by a freelancer/company it would cost tens of thousands of dollars. So you really should think twice before acting like this.

36. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

THOSE ARE UNITY'S WORDS NOT MINE, MINE ARE THAT YOU ARE A SCAMMER AND A THIEF, THIS IS MASTER ANIM SYSTEM AND YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD SOMETHING BUT THE ASSET HAS BEEN BROKEN SINCE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE, WHICH HAS ALSO BEEN VERIFIED BY UNITY
    - it is a copy of another asset. COMPLETELY TRUE
    - it includes stolen assets. IT DOES NOT(YOUR RIGHT, YOU SELL THOSE ON YOUR HALF ASS WEBPAGE)
    - I'm selling stolen assets on my webpage. I DO NOT(THE CARS PROVIDED ARE FROM ANOTHER UNITY ASSET)
    - changed without warning. IT WAS NOT STATED ON THE ASSET PAGE, IT'S BEST YOU DO MORE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CONTINUE TO TRY AND RIP PEOPLE OFF

ONCE THIS STOLEN GARBAGE ASSET IS OUT OF MY LIFE I WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER. I KNOW KARMA IS REAL, THE DEVELOPER WILL GET HIS JUST DESSERTS

37. bobadi

bobadi

why don't you get master anim system and compare? it is not this asset.

the cars I'm selling on my page were made by me. (and not from another asset, but included in Renegade)
    they were a separate package some years ago published by me

I really don't know what else can I say to convince you.

don't know if I should say that an update is coming and check it out if that might be what you need...

38. bobadi

bobadi

thanks, giraffe1.
    he has the right to be not happy.

but anybody can ask before purchase, and also can see that this is in work-in-progress, it's not 1.0 version yet and be aware that it has many systems, those systems are also changing sometimes and have to tie it all together and it takes time.

after the whole switch to the new design has been done, will put up a full demo of all the features.
    it might be not so distant future

39. bobadi

bobadi

pickup and weapon handling now in

weaponMX
    [this just 4-way now. animator-based]
    rifle99A.gif

crouching and walk-run also implemented
    (but mixamo animations for those)

40. bobadi

bobadi

the most basic prototype of handgun 4-way
    handgun99A.gif

41. bobadi

bobadi

42. bobadi

bobadi

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  43. bobadi

bobadi

some systems use crosshair cheating
    you can see it here. want to keep it straight line w barrel
    but some aim direction support could be useful
    like wrist correction (w limits)

crosshaircheat.gif

44. bobadi

bobadi

new version has been submitted

what's new in 0.99c:
    cover ai demo
    weapons: handgun and rifle. new anims: handgun 18, rifle 16
    destructible buildings

downloadable scenes and scripts for nodemap pathfinding : link in version.txt

099c.jpg

WizzleSWD
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD !
    your refund has been approved because I missed unity's email
    if you want to keep using this package, discuss that with Unity

WizzleOfOZ likes this.
  45. bobadi

bobadi

before I forgot or accidentally delete this script, because it doesn't build

I use this to set destructible buildings object to static

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. public class setGOStatic : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     //sets all gameobjects static, except which are switched off
    7.     int i;
    9.     void Start()
    10.     {
    11.         var foundObjects = FindObjectsOfType<Transform>();
    12.         print("found objects: " + foundObjects.Length);
    14.         //var flags = StaticEditorFlags.OccluderStatic | StaticEditorFlags.OccludeeStatic;
    15.         var flags = StaticEditorFlags.BatchingStatic;
    17.         for (i = 0; i < foundObjects.Length; i++) {
    19.             GameObjectUtility.SetStaticEditorFlags(foundObjects[i].gameObject, flags);
    20.         }
    21.     }
    23. }

46. bobadi

bobadi

first prototype of rocket destruction
    helidestruct.gif

the chopper control has different setting than keyboard

47. bobadi

bobadi

latest piece

rest0.gif
    CC3 free to use and distribute

update: +aiming

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  48. bobadi

bobadi

the angular velocity transfer works now
    but directional velocity transfer is enough (have torque effect, and both have coefs)
    angvelo.gif angvelo2.gif
    first did w quaternions/eulers, then w axes angle deltas
    realized torque applied looks unrealistic (too much/little velocity)
    (only for hip bone. maybe if all bones, though thats prob computation heavy)
    and force on chest and legs looks better
    angvelo.jpg
    transVelo>
    transvelo.jpg

and also got a body center of mass calculation based on kinematic collider center positions and mass ratio

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  49. bobadi

bobadi

and stamina
    [based on xc (speed)]
    stamina.gif

50. bobadi

bobadi

structural collapse
    it collects all chunks and dislodges those that have already destructed chunks below
    (simply said, it's a bit more complicated than that)
    structcollapse.gif
    recorded on low, to keep filesize small