Search Unity

Bug RenderTexture with HDRP not working in release build.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by DigohD, Jun 10, 2020.

1. DigohD

DigohD

I have encountered an issue with reading the pixels of a render texture and converting it to a Texture2D. It works perfectly in the editor and in development builds, but not in release builds. Rendering a camera view to a RenderTexture and displaying it as a Raw Image within the UI does not work in release builds either.

Currently on Unity 2020.1.0b11, HDRP version 9.0.0-preview. 13

Here is a comparison between the dev build and the regular build. It is from the start menu, which is the first scene in the game.

Since it works flawlessly in dev and the editor, I suppose it is a bug? Perhaps Unity just leaves something out in the regular build which it ships with the dev build?

I have managed to render a real-time RenderTexture in the regular build by changing its color format. But then reading the pixels to a Texture2D breaks in the editor and dev mode as well, due to the color format "not being supported on my platform".

Thanks.

2. lanbaizy

lanbaizy

Same issues on Unity 2019.3.0f6,HDRP ver 7.1.8
    Work perfectly in dev build.But can see nothing in regular build.

3. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey there can you file a bug report? I'll send this post over as well!

4. DigohD

DigohD

Hi! Okay, I'll file a report early next week :)

5. FOXAcemond

FOXAcemond

So huh, do we have any update on this? Because I'm having this issue too on 2020.2.0b10

6. brummer

brummer

7. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

Happens the same, any solution?