Search Unity

RenderQueue & Sorting Group Rendering Debugging

Discussion in '2D' started by strikenowhere, Sep 15, 2021.

1. strikenowhere

strikenowhere

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having an issue whereby a set of sprites representing my ship game objects are all rendering underneath meshes that I am drawing instead of on top of them. I discovered the FrameDebugger and can piece together each draw call to at least see the draw steps in action. However each step in "RenderForward.RenderLoopJob" doesn't show the RenderQueue of the material used for the meshes/sprites nor does it show any sorting layer/sorting group information. Is there any tool/script out there that would display this information? I found a script that shows the sorting group directly in the editor window, but it really isn't providing the information I need.

Attached is an image of the issue I am seeing; I need the highlighted firing arcs to appear beneath the gray rectangles (ship hulls).
    FiringArc_Overlap.png

Is it also possible that there is some sort of hierarchical rendering order coming into play here? The ship has its own sprite, and each child game object like hull zone (currently not visible), shield, and firing arc has its own mesh that gets rendered:

ShipObjectHierarchy.png

And here is the frame debugger:

FrameDebugger.png