Search Unity

RenderPipelineManager takes too long. from Unity Profiler

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by marck_ozz, Sep 21, 2020.

1. marck_ozz

marck_ozz

Hi everybody!!!

I have been busy with the improvement performance of my game, from bad script behaivior to clean lighting stuff, and the next step on my list (from the Unity Profiler analisys) is this RenderPipelineManager.

The problem is than even in one of my scenes that is literally only a camera a canvas and a directional light it takes too long (spikes of 74.93ms). I even tried disabling the Volume and directional light in my scene but don't seems to make a change.

So, at this point I ask you if this is a "normal" behaivior for a HDRP project or can I make any imporve or it is because of my equipment specs? before I start to move all kind of configurations in my project.
    Objects.png Profiler01.png Profiler02.png Profiler03.png Volume.png
    My project:
    Unity 2019.2.2.
    HDRP 6.9.1

Specs:
    Windows 10 64bits
    Proccesor:AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20GHz
    Ram: 16.0

I will thank a lot any advice!!

2. marck_ozz

marck_ozz

So, another thread answering myself haha.

After try to improve a lot of things in my game, I thought that would be a good idea to profiling anothers game made in HDRP from the asset store, but the result was still confusing because they are a very good games or cinemachine examples with a lot of resources. So! I profiled a brand new HDRP project and thats it, just the example scene, aaaand... it has the same beahaivior. So at this point its clear (I think) the the problem is my laptop specs :(. My game run very well in other (gaming) PCs so maybe I just was worried for nothing than an old laptop.

I thing the real problem is to try to profile a game in a "low specs" equipment.

Saludos!!!!!!!!!

ProfilingHDRP.png