Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rendering still wonky

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tripdragon, Jun 1, 2005.

1. tripdragon

tripdragon

Hey I love testing this thing out, but how can thje rendering get better ??? Like example I have only one light in the scene and I turn it on full blast or barely one no matter what number it seems to not really do anything different . I would hope that the lighting could be huge stark bright or weak dim..

Also what about stenciled shadows ??? Those would be sweet.

Just more eye candy please. games besides game play are really vegging for eyecandy to. How could I do something like 3d engines can do with particlues and stuff http://gravit.slowchop.com/ as example

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The lighting problem you talked about is fixed in beta 8. If not please send a bug report with screenshots or a project where you have setup the lights and they don't work as expected.

The particle system in unity is very powerful and can handle all effects described on the website you linked to. I agree we need more documentation.

If you have any specific questions on how to create an effect with the particle system, don't hesitate to ask.

3. tripdragon

tripdragon

4. tripdragon

tripdragon

Aw here it is
    http://www.binaryminded.com/fountainmusic.html

Just pause the music and check out the beauty of the particules in mid air. I want a tool to let me control stuff like that. Say it could be in paths or slider random controls. And if then they could all have physics to them to just cast them aside ... !!!! sweetnesssss.....