Search Unity

Rendering incorrectly on device after building Cardboard project to Daydream

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by VRience, May 4, 2018.

1. VRience

VRience

After having decided to try my cardboard project out on daydream I've run into some trouble.

In the image attached below you can se how the render looks on the screen after i play my build with the settings changed for daydream. Definitely not right, but there are no error messages in the editor. Everything looks right when playing the game in the editor, but not when running it on my android phone.

I've followed this: https://developers.google.com/vr/develop/unity/get-started-android, and googled after solutions to the rendering issue to no avail. I've tried different versions of the GVR SDK with the problem persisting. The demo scene in the GVR SDK works fine, but even after making sure the Gvr components are set up in the same way in my game it still doesn't work.

Using Unity 5.6.0f4 with GVR SDK 1.130.1

Attached Files:

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Don't think we have seen this issue before.

Some questions/ideas:
    - Are there any suspect messages in `logcat` when running a developer build on the phone?
    - Does a blank scene work in your project on daydream? (might point to a player settings configuration issue)
    - You might want to setting the depth buffer format higher than 16-bit (see https://docs.unity3d.com/560/Documentation/Manual/VRDevices-GoogleVR.html)

Would you be willing to either:

- submit a bug report with your project attached and post/dm the bug id

or, if you can't share your project:

- attempt to isolate the issue by removing things from an offending scene. once isolated send us a bug report with a clean project.

another option is to try upgrading your project to a newer version of unity and see if it is still an issue.

3. emmawatson8855

emmawatson8855

The bug reporting is not working in the daydream.

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Bug report from the Unity Editor and include any screen shots you can capture from the device as well as a logcat dump.

5. VRience

VRience

Thank you thep3000 for the response. I solved the issue by upgrading to Unity 2017.4.2f2 and replacing the camera in the scene with the one from the Gvr demo scene. It is rendering correctly now.

thep3000 likes this.