Search Unity

Rendering Canvas without post processing

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Tymianek, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Tymianek

Tymianek

I have an Image on Canvas with full white color, but It is affected by the HDRP post-processing, and it isn't white at all.
    I know setting the canvas to screen space overlay will skip the postprocessing for the Game window, but it doesn't happen in the Scene view.
    How can I render a canvas in Scene view without post-processes?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm guessing you are in Screen Space Camera or World space for you UI.
    In that case, UI will be affected by color correction effects in your volume (like Tonemapping)

Setting up your canvas render mode to Screen Space Overlay will prevent that.

3. Tymianek

Tymianek

@chap-unity I updated my post since it was badly worded. Do you know how to display the canvas in the scene view without post-processes?

4. foonix

foonix

What I wound up doing was creating a shadergraph based on HDRP/Unlit that works like UI/Default shader, and then use the material options to pull it into post-process render pass. This didn't work for TMP text or support masking, but did move the render into postprocess. If you don't need masking or other type of shaders in the canvas, this is probably the easiest thing to do.

The Custom Pass system might also be helpful.

But at this point I'd recommend using "real" geometry as much as possible.. despite my best efforts, hdrp and the canvas system have never integrated very well.

Attached Files:

shyam33, SunnyChow and Tymianek like this.
  5. meadjix

meadjix

Tymianek likes this.