Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RenderFX/Skybox material list stops showing up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mangopork, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Mangopork

Mangopork

Hey,

When creating skyboxes, I click on the material and normally the list of textures to be applied appears in the right hand panel.

It did this the first time but now it does not appear.

See attached.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

With 3.0, the textures appear in a separate window rather than in a popup menu in the inspector. Are you seeing anything like that or does it just appear to do nothing when you try to set a texture?

3. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

I just had this problem, too using 3.0 f5. It is clearly an editor bug that occurs. I haven't gotten it to go away on restarting Unity or the Mac (OSX 10.6.4).

To clarify the problem, you make a material and select it in the project view. The Inspector should show the texture(s) and settings for the material so you can assign textures, etc.

Instead, the entire area of the inspector that would usually show this stuff is BLANK. And the material preview just shows the gray sphere since there's no texture, etc.

Is there a hidden Editor UI config file we should delete somewhere to set things right? Or ????

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Is the material inspector collapsed by any chance?

5. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

OK, that is the "problem" -- Click on the material title bar at the top of the inspector and the options appear.

If this is a 3.0 feature, I would strongly suggest some visual clue in the UI to indicate that the item is collapsed. There's no way to tell it is hidden right now.

Thanks Ethan!

6. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Good help never gets old! Thanks. I was pulling hair and grinding teeth. :cool: