Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Renderer Features - New RenderObjects

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by FranFndz, Mar 25, 2020.

1. FranFndz

FranFndz

Question, im playing with those settings and its feel it works like replacement shader for specific layer mask.

Im wrong?

Is not a full screen effect as post procces.. it just render the object again with the new shader or pass i select.

2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Yes this works as if filtering objects based on some settings and then rendering them again(or the first time if they are not already rendered) and there are some options to override some settings such as how they affect/test againt depth/stencil and also material override.

It's not quite the same as shader replacement as that replaces the shader, here we are replacing the whole material.

3. FranFndz

FranFndz

Gotcha! thank you!

4. FranFndz

FranFndz

Any reason why shaders with displacement inside vertex wont follow the rule? they just render normal.

5. FranFndz

FranFndz

Oh, sorry i just realize with more test that this is kinda of post effect, unity camera post effect should be turned ON for this to work properly (still have issues with vertex animation).

and draw call goes up for the new blit i think

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
unityunity