Search Unity

"Renderable" property for .fbx exports from 3DSMAX

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by HeywoodFloyd, Jun 4, 2010.

1. HeywoodFloyd

HeywoodFloyd

Hi:

We're exporting models from 3DSMAX to .fbx for use in Unity. For various reasons, some of the models have geometry that we want to be present, but not visible. We tried turning of the "Renderable" property, as you can see from the screen shot.

Unfortunately, when we pull the objects into Unity, we still see geometry, even though it's not supposed to be rendered.

Is there a way I can check the "Rendering Control" properties in the .fbx files? I have no trouble detecting the user properties from MAX, but I can't see how to access the settings shown above.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. br0kenp0ly

br0kenp0ly

Hi!
    As far as I know, the best (and only?) way to hide parts of your mesh is to separately export those objects and hide them in Unity afterwards. Not being a scripter myself, I guess you could make a script that does this for you if you have a lot of objects to hide.

I am pretty sure you can`t do this in the exporter, but if anyone know other ways, feel free to share :)