Search Unity

Render Texture Transparency not working anymore in URP (coming from LWRP)

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by FonzieJoe, Sep 23, 2019.

1. FonzieJoe

FonzieJoe

Hello,

I'm developing a game in which I use 3 cameras to render different elements of the scene into 3 different render textures, that later I "merge" with a shader to get the final image (a simple workaround for getting the same result as in camera stacking with the built-in pipeline).

I've been working in Unity 2019.2.5 with the LWRP and everything seemed to work fine, but as soon as I upgraded the project to the beta version (2019.3.0b) the render textures stopped having transparency.

The cameras seem to have transparency when I disable the "Render PostProcessing" toggle in the camera inspector, but as soon as I do that I get a "don't clear" effect in which every frame stacks with the previous one.
    if I enable it the alpha channel seems to disappear (everything is white).

What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug of the new URP?

Attached there are screenshots of my setup of one of the cameras (the three of them are the same) and of the render textures.

Thank you in advance.

image.png image.png

2. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi were you able to solve this? I have the exact same problem. I also seem to have a problem if I upgrade from URP 7.0 to 7.1 all my shaders go pink so that is not a viable solution for me

3. rwetzold

rwetzold

Just fyi, SRP repo merged a change the other day called camera stacking so that might be very interesting for you.

kennel_ likes this.
  4. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

kennel_ likes this.
unityunity