Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Render Texture not allowing mouse clicks.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by therobear, Oct 10, 2012.

1. therobear

therobear

Hello,

I have seen similar topics like this one go unanswered, but I'll take my chances anyways. I am using a Render Texture as a minimap. I then use GUI.DrawTexture to display the Render Texture. It works fine, but the left half of the screen does not recognize mouse clicks. I remove the Render Texture from the camera that I am using and the left half of the screen recognizes mouse clicks fine. I have tried many things: setting the depth of the mini map camera less to the one of the main camera, setting the clear flags and the culling masks to different values. What seemed to work was to set the width and the height of the mini map camera to anything less than 1, but then the Render Texture would only show the map on a small portion of the designated area.

In short, how would I restore mouse clicking to the left half of the screen while using Render Texture?

unityunity