Search Unity

Unity UI Render Texture ignoring Camera Culling Mask after upgrade to 2022.3.18 (HDRP 14.0.10)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by mroshaw, Jan 25, 2024.

1. mroshaw

mroshaw

Hi! After upgrading my HDRP project from 2022.3.16 to 2022.3.18, I've noticed that my Render Textures are not working.

I have 3 cameras in the scene:
    • Main Camera - layer culling set to everything except "Char Models"
    • Char 1 Camera - layer culling set to "Char Models" only. Renders to "Char1RT" render texture.
    • Char 2 Camera - layer culling set to "Char Models" only. Renders to "Char2RT" render texture.
    The two RenderTextures are exposed via two RawImage components, both in the "UI" layer. This layer is only visible by Main Camera, via it's Culling Mask.

After upgrading to 2022.3.18, the RenderTexture cameras seem to be ignoring the Culling Mask - they are rendering the UI components, which in turn renders the RenderTexture, which then renders the UI... So I'm getting an "infinite reflections" thing going on.

There also seems to be weird flickering on the UI when I'd editing it, and flickering in run-time. When editing Canvases and Panels, the UI is resizing, flickering and jumping around.

Highly likely to be user error, but is anyone else seeing weird UI stuff in 2022.3.18, including strange behaviour of Render Textures?

Thanks!

CreamsodaShake likes this.
  2. CreamsodaShake

CreamsodaShake

Running into the same issue in 2022.3.20f1. Target textures on cameras seem to ignore Culling Mask layers, unless I'm doing something wrong