Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Render Settings

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Rossim, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Rossim

Rossim

Hi all,
    i'm kinda new to Unity and i'm trying to follow one of the many beginner tutorials to Unity.
    The tutorial is done on a Mac, maybe using and older version (i'm currently on Unity 5), and at some point it asks to variate the colour of the ambient light getting the property under Edit-Render Settings.

I can't find it on that place, and I tried to search almost everywhere in the menus to catch it ouy but I failed.

Anyone can indicate me the right place for it? Thanks a lot, and excuse me for this stupid question :)

2. Effervescent

Effervescent

I'm using Unity 5 and I'm using a Mac, too! I just checked my Roll-a-Ball project, the setting is still there. When you have the Field Light object selected, you should be able to see the following in the Inspector window:

Simply clicking on it brings up the colour picker!

3. Rossim

Rossim

I'm sorry, I realized i wasn't that clear.

The tutorial is done on a Mac and on an older version. I currently work on Unity 5 on Win7 (somehow).

Thanks anyway for the help!

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

It's in "lighting" now. Go to window/Lighting, and select the scene tab. I normally doc the lighting window in the same pane as the inspector.

helmichcurran likes this.
  5. Rossim

Rossim

Thanks, you were precious. All clear here.