Search Unity

Resolved Render scale for HDRP

Discussion in 'SRP Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A' started by PaulMDev, Sep 28, 2022.

1. PaulMDev

PaulMDev

The render scale option on URP is very useful but I can't something similar in HDRP.
    Am I missing something or is this just not possible in the current version of HDRP ?

2. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

There is no exact equivalent to that, but you can use the "Forced Screen Percentage" option in the HDRP asset to lower the resolution of the main texture (it doesn't accept percentages above 100)
    upload_2022-9-29_11-29-15.png

In scripts you can change the value like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var dynamicResSettings = renderPipelineAsset.currentPlatformRenderPipelineSettings.dynamicResolutionSettings;
    3. dynamicResSettings.forceResolution = true;
    4. dynamicResSettings.forcedPercentage = x;
    You can get the render pipeline asset either from the QualitySettings API or the GraphicsSettings depending on the use case.

If you're looking to increase the render scale, I believe the easiest in HDRP would be to assign a bigger render texture in the output of the camera. You can also look into MSAA options since it can solve similar problems.

_geo__, Onigiri and PaulMDev like this.
  3. MTegarAsta

MTegarAsta

Doesn't Work on me. I tried to cache it from Graphic Setting and with Serializefield but nothing works.

4. _geo__

_geo__

@MTegarAsta : I tried this today and I too saw no effect at first.

Then I thought RTFM. So there it was:
    "...To use dynamic resolution in your Project, you must enable dynamic resolution in your HDRP Asset and then enable it for each Camera you want to use it with....".

Just wanted to leave this here for future me ('cause I will surely miss it again).
    DynamicResolution.gif

tmonestudio likes this.
  5. MTegarAsta

MTegarAsta

still not working, I have done this before, because if I change it manually it will work, but not via script (in runtime the variable for forcePercentage still in 100).

Hmmm actually I found another solution for this by using DynamicResolutionHandler from UnityEngine.Rendering
    upload_2022-11-11_11-27-32.png

res Variable is for the scale percentage

then turn off the force Resolution to off and set the minimum and maximum for the percentage scale (in my case between 50% and 100%)
    upload_2022-11-11_11-33-15.png

Attached Files:

_geo__ likes this.
  6. AlekseevEvgenii

AlekseevEvgenii

"the easiest in HDRP would be to assign a bigger render texture in the output of the camera" - Please tell me how to do this.