Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Render particles everywhere except in delimitated zones

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by BigBGros, Jun 21, 2021.

1. BigBGros

BigBGros

Hi everyone,

I will try to explain that as easy as I can. I want to make a desert storm (particles), but when you are inside a building, the desert storm must not be visible inside but outside...
    Is there anyway to achieve that? I want to avoid particle collisions because performance...
    Is possible using render queues? How?
    Is possible using custom shaders? How?

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance.

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

You can perhaps use the particle system trigger module to place boxes on your buildings with the overlap criteria set to Kill.

The only problem I can think of is if you need a lot of colliders. It would probably be most efficient to dynamically enable the box collider or whatever for the one building you are inside.

bgolus likes this.
  3. BigBGros

BigBGros

Good aproach, i will try it.
    Thanks a lot

richardkettlewell likes this.