Search Unity

Render order broken on Xbox (UWP)? (Case 1265284)

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by BonneCW, Jul 22, 2020.

1. BonneCW

BonneCW

Hey there,

I'm currently testing my second game on different platforms. As we just made it into Creators program and not ID@Xbox we have to use a UWP build on Xbox. But that causes trouble which looks like wrong render order.

Screen.png

The screenshot displays the issue pretty good. The upper part of the vehicle is completely invisible and the track (the pink one is the current one, you can see yellow and green in the background, but they're actually 100% covered by the walls).

It's using DX11 (DX12 crashes immediately as soon as the level is loaded) and the same UWP build works fine on Windows. The project itself works fine on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and Switch, this graphics issue seem only to happen on Xbox so far (haven't set up PS devkit yet for comparison, but as it uses different graphics API I assume it will work).

When launching the game via Visual Studio I also get a lot of messages like:

SC_DLL - Shader Compilation - +31.0 ms (1479.7 ms)
    Compilation Reason: No precompiled shaders found, shader blob was either not created by Xbox tools, or was created with the -noprecompile flag.

Unity 2019.4.3 and URP 7.4.1.

(Ignore the error message in the Development Console, that's just an input device error, not related to the graphics issue)

2. izym

izym

Unity Technologies

That sounds like it might be a bug. Can you report a bug on this? :)

3. BonneCW

BonneCW

I'll try to create a small repro project and submit the bug then.

EDIT: Case 1265284

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020