Search Unity

Render issue with Cardboard SDK onto iOS

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by takewing_14, Mar 8, 2016.

1. takewing_14

takewing_14

Hey everyone-

So I'm building a basic VR experience for Google Cardboard on iOS. I am building it for iOS 6 and up. I have Unity 5.3.3, XCode 7.2.1, OSX on my laptop is El Capitan 10.11.2, and my phone is iOS 9.2.1.

Here is what the experience looks like in Unity:
    Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 12.35.48 AM.png

I am able to get it into XCode just fine, and am able to build it in XCode and then run on my phone. Once it is on my phone, it does not always follow the movement of the phone; the white gear in the middle is missing; and I get a bunch of white and yellow pixelations. Like this: IMG_2411.PNG

Weird right? My prof couldn't even guess! What did I do/not do?

So many thanks in advance for any advice you all can throw my way!

2. Freezy

Freezy

render pipline used? I recommend Forward rendering for FPS
    revert to stock cardboard SDK prefabs and try again?

which SDK version? is this a skybox? if so use 0.6

3. takewing_14

takewing_14

Thanks for those suggestions! I had it set to forward rendering initially. I tried all of them, no dice. I have a bunch of area and point light sources, so my thinking is that I need to use deferred rendering.

SDK version .6 BTW.

I've reduced the issue to being with my skybox. Because it renders fine if I have the background image set to a solid color. But I really need to use a skybox for this project...I'm obviously going to keep tweaking, experimenting and researching, but keep these suggestions coming! I'll update this thread with a solution when I find one to..

4. Freezy

Freezy

skybox needs an additional component, check the documentation there is a mention of skybox stuff somewhere