Search Unity

Renaming Projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by TriNityGER, Jan 24, 2018.

1. StickGrinder

StickGrinder

Does Unity Hub 3.0 introduce this feature?
    From the changelog I see nothing about this...

2. zacnate88

zacnate88

Dear Hub Team devs, we all know how hard it is to get a full-fledged feature through the development cycle. Maybe someone could make a sneaky push with a user-unfriendly implementation for the time being? For example, make the hub look for a .unityprojectname file in the root folder of the project, read the project name from there. It can be ANSI or whatever. Don't even document it anywhere, just wink at us.

nandovilla and jaytay579 like this.
  3. jaytay579

jaytay579

I'd even be happy with something manual that just cuts down the steps. Right now, if I rename any part of the hierarchy leading to my projects or if I move my projects, I have to delete the old project reference from the hub and manually re-add it. Even just changing this behavior to popping up a "Find project..." dialog (similar to what Adobe After Effects does when it can't find footage) so I could manually re-link the project WITHOUT that deletion step would remove a minor pain point and perhaps buy the Hub devs a bit more patience on this thread!

Along the same lines (like almost EXACTLY the same), since Unity is so regularly updated, when Hub finds a project's version of Unity Editor is missing, it would be great if it could look for another version of Unity Editor that's the same MAJOR revision and just ASK whether we want to update. So, for example, if I created a project in Unity 2021.1.14 and then I installed Unity 2021.1.15 and deleted the previous version (I only have so much hard drive space!), Unity Hub would offer to update the project to 2021.1.15 WITHOUT me having to manually select the new version.

These are really small tweaks that could make the Hub experience WAY less annoying.

: commences holding breath :

nandovilla likes this.
  4. unity_phEhuZFHd2xKQw

unity_phEhuZFHd2xKQw

september 2021, still no option to rename project from the hub. this is ridiculous

nandovilla likes this.
  5. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi folks! Thank you so much for your patience with this request.
    We're planning to add this feature in a future version! :)

6. ciccio_uk

ciccio_uk

October 2021 atill no option o_Oo_Oo_O

unityunity