Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Renaming Locked Inspector Tabs

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jonathan_L, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Jonathan_L

Jonathan_L

Hi, I just wanted to make a suggestion to add the functionality to rename locked inspector tabs.

I just learned about the functionality to lock tabs and it's great because I used to find it annoying to constantly switch between inspectors trying to find the asset in the "Project" tab or an object in the "Hierarchy".

I think it would be much better if we can right-click and rename the locked inspector tabs as well.

Current:
    upload_2020-6-11_5-59-47.png

Suggested:
    upload_2020-6-11_6-13-15.png

2. willgoldstone

willgoldstone

Unity Technologies

Hey Jonathan so we're tackling this exact problem a different way. In 20.2 (check out the alpha to see it and feedback if you like) you can open a 'focused inspector' by doing right click > Properties on any game object, component, or asset this gives you effectively a by default locked inspector where the tab is named after the thing you opened. Here's a gif!

3. Jonathan_L

Jonathan_L

Oh wow, that's perfect. I guess y'all were one step ahead of me haha.

willgoldstone likes this.
unityunity