Search Unity

Removing Vuforia logo

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Section-One, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Section-One

Section-One

Hi,

I was using Vuforia plugin with an Image target in my project.
    After upgrading to 2017.3.0p2 I checked the vuforia framework in unity and it re-imported the library.
    I disabled the ImageTarget object, got a new license key and I'm using Ground plane now.

I still have the Vuforia logo.
    How do I remove that?

Thanks

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

If you are only using Ground Plane and are not intending to use any custom targets, remove the license key entirely. This is the free Unity license described here https://developer.vuforia.com/vui/pricing

Thanks

JayThanki13 and Section-One like this.
  3. LTPStudioXR

LTPStudioXR

I'm interested in using the same app on two mobile devices and removing the Vuforia watermark. I will only be using the app for a short time. Will the monthly subscription fulfill my needs?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@lessthanproductive The monthly subscription is only for Cloud Recognition. If you want to remove the Vuforia watermark you'll either need to purchase a classic/pro license, or if you don't need custom targets you can publish with Unity using the free license.

kiseonik likes this.
  5. LT23Live

LT23Live

@Vuforia-Strasza Custom targets as in image targets generated by the vuforia dev portal?
    I am using vuforia image targets for a POC and don't want people to know the technology that I'm using.

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@LT23Live Correct, a custom target refers to anything generated on the dev portal or with the MTG. If you are using the sample Mars themed assets that ship with the SDK, you can use those without a watermark. Otherwise you'll need at least a classic license to remove the watermark.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

7. developer6DLAB

developer6DLAB

I bought Vuforia license, but I can't remove Vuforia watermark. I'm using a correct license key in my unity project, but Vuforia watermark is still in my screen. I tried to use differents Unity versions, but this don't work.

8. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

What type of license do you have and which versions of Unity/Vuforia have you tested it on?

9. tea42

tea42

I'm also seeing this. Using Unity 2017.4.0f1 and vuforia 7.0.47. License is ok, but I can still see the watermark. Did you solve the issue?

10. tea42

tea42

I've managed to solve this issue - looks like an old resources folder in our project had been moved to a sub folder with the vuforiaconfiguration asset in it - vuforia had generated another one in the root resources and bummed out (understandably). Deleting the old config asset so there was only one in the project fixed the issue.

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  11. adamstone711

adamstone711

Hi:) If I pay for one month of Vuforia cloud at $99, use that to make a cool app, build it and deploy it to the app store, and THEN after that the Vuforia cloud license expires... Will my app still be Vuforia Logo free?
    thx:)

12. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @adamstone711,

The Vuforia cloud license is a subscription based license. If the subscription is not paid, the license will be suspended and Vuforia will fail to initialize.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

adamstone711 likes this.
  13. icematess

icematess

"The monthly subscription is only for Cloud Recognition. If you want to remove the Vuforia watermark you'll either need to purchase a classic/pro license, or if you don't need custom targets you can publish with Unity using the free license."
    1.How much is the cost of classic license per app?
    2.How much is the cost of pro license per app?
    3.With cloud license,I cannot remove the watermark?
    4.If I don't need custom targets & use free license then I can remove the watermark?

14. ersh

ersh

Can I use free license with watermark and publish in appstore or google play if this is application is not commercial app (for art).

15. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @icematess,

The standard, out-of-the-box offering of Vuforia Engine SDK in Unity allows for app deployment without a Vuforia License. This out-of-the-box offering in Unity does utilize the Ground Plane, Device Tracker and Stereo Rendering features but does not support customization features (such as custom Targets). In order to develop in Unity and utilize the full feature set of Vuforia Engine, a Vuforia License is required. In order to deploy an app using the full feature set of Vuforia Engine, a paid license is normally required. Please see the license pricing for more information.

General rule: Any paid license key will remove the watermark. Any free license or deployment will show the watermark.

Can you share where you got that quote? Vuforia documentation? Or a forum post?

Hello @ersh,

An app that is only for consumer use and has less than 1,000 app installs can be distributed in app stores with a Development license. A paid license is required for a Consumer app with more than 1,000 installs. An enterprise or toys/product app cannot be distributed with a Development license.

For more information, please review our developer agreement: https://developer.vuforia.com/legal/vuforia-developer-agreement

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

16. vaughanb

vaughanb

Hi Can I confirm exactly what you mean by a custom target? I upload images to the dev portal target manager. Is this considered a custom target? I am looking to buy a classic license but need to be sure of what I am getting for it.

17. ersh

ersh

How do i get information about PRO license??? I wrote 3 letters and sent a request for information on how to get a license, what conditions and prices, especially interested in a license for corporate use without publications in the stores. 2 weeks have already passed, but have not answered.

18. danieilng21

danieilng21

If I were to subscribe cloud reco, will the watermark be removed?

19. okletshavesomefun

okletshavesomefun

Hi,
    Since I'm also looking for clarity on some of these topics, I thought I'd answer the question about where the quote came from, on behalf of @icematess. The quote is from a post earlier in this same thread by @Vuforia-Strasza, on Feb 12, 2018.

20. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @danieilng21,

Correct. Only the Development license will display a watermark. All paid licenses do not.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

21. jalil1371

jalil1371

hi...how can i remove the vuforia icon on left bottom of camera when i run the camera on device?

22. meedabit

meedabit

Hello,

A paid license is required to remove the Vuforia watermark from being displayed: https://developer.vuforia.com/pricing

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

23. DipikaaM

DipikaaM

How much time it takes to reactivate after suspension of cloud reco ?

24. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

25. Menka

Menka

how many applications can I deploy with the basic version license of vuforia?

26. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @Menka, It is 1 app per license.
    Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support

27. stecavalli

stecavalli

I intend to use vuforia ArCamera in Unity3D to apply LUT (Look Up Texture) photographic filters and record the screen in order to create video clips with the Android smartphone. The application will be distributed on the Stores (Google Play, Aptoide). Can this be done without purchasing licenses?

28. bautistadejesushectoreduardo1

bautistadejesushectoreduardo1

Hola mi pregunta es, si compro la licencia básica el logotipo de vuforia será eliminado ?