Search Unity

Removing Unity Analytics in an update?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by mikatu, Jan 26, 2017.

1. mikatu

mikatu

Hi,

How do I go about removing Unity Analytics from a game that already has a live version out? I reimplemented IAP without using Unity Services but then noticed that turning off the analytics in the editor also affects the live version. Wouldn't that also prevent all IAP from functioning in the live version?

Related: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/rejected-for-using-unity-analytics.450840/

YoungLee likes this.
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

You can simply go to the Services window and disable Analytics. This will also disable Unity IAP, since Analytics is a technical requirement.

The current version of your app (the one that is live) will not be affected by the removal of Analytics and IAP in a new version.

Anyone that does not update to your new version will still have Analytics and IAP enabled, and they will continue to send Analytics events.

Out of curiosity, where does it say that disabling Analytics will affect the live version? We want to make sure all of our documentation is consistent and accurate.

As I mentioned, disabling Unity Analytics will also disable Unity IAP. If you are using another IAP sdk, then this might not be a concern for you.

YoungLee likes this.
  3. mikatu

mikatu

Thanks for the clarification. If I go to the Services view in the editor and disable the analytics there, it also removes the project from the list in Dashboards -> Analytics in the web console. This made me think it affected the live version as well.

YoungLee likes this.
  4. IvyKun

IvyKun

I'm making a new version of my game for a different store and I need to remove analytics, but I don't want the project gone from the dashboard as I'm still using analytics on the live versions on Google Play and App Store.

Can someone confirm that disabling analytics on the Service window will not remove the project from the dashboard?

If it does, any other approach on how to remove the analytics code or prevent them to send information?

Thanks!

5. IvyKun

IvyKun

I made a test project with analytics enabled and then disabled analytics from the services window to see what happens.

The project is still in the analytics dashboard but analytics are completely disabled so you can't access the dashboard because it says analytics are disabled.

If you enable analytics from the analytics or the project dashboard then everything goes back to enabled but the services window will still say that they are disabled, so I guess that will be the trick.
    Problem with this is I have a live version of the game so I don't want to risk it and disable them.

Disabling analytics from the services windows just change the "UnityConnectSettings.asset" file, so maybe the correct approach is just unlink the project and then change the value of analytics to disabled in that file? So that version of the game will not have analytics enabled (or any other services) but the live version will be untouched.

I'm going to do this probably, but I will feel better if someone else can confirm :p